Join Our Team
We are looking for professional, mature, and outgoing adventure guides to join our team primarily in southern NH. We operate an extensive multi-event organization that includes hiking, swimming, doggy socials, nature walks, pack adventures, water sports, and more.
Our event/hiking guides lead 1.5 – 2 hour hikes for dogs and their people throughout NH on weekends, weekdays, and evenings (in the summer). They also handle check ins, provide safety briefings, answer participant questions, and capture photos and videos of events.
You will attend a comprehensive guide training program that includes proper dog socialization techniques, hiking and group safety, trail etiquette for dogs and people, shadowing of senior guides, and finally being observed leading a group before going solo.
If you are dedicated, dependable, honest, trustworthy, organized, a go-getter, and a dog lover then read on…
Can you answer “YES” to these questions?
- Do you love dogs and enjoy the outdoors?
- Would you love to spend time with dogs and people and get paid for it?
- Do you care about the environment?
- Do you believe giving back to your community is important?
- Do you have volunteer experience?
- Are you willing to make at least a 1-year commitment to this position?
- Are you located within our current service area (Concord to the Seacoast as well as Southern NH and Southern ME)?
If you answered yes, then joining Golden Dog Adventure Co.’s growing adventure guide team may be just the unique opportunity, to work outside an office, that you’ve been searching for! If you have a high set of personal standards that you bring to every situation, are dedicated, trustworthy and love dogs and people – we’d love to meet you!
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive hourly wage. Our adventure guides are paid a competitive hourly wage as well as mileage reimbursement. Starting pay is based on experience but generally not to exceed $25/hour within the first year.
- Training. You will receive in-depth training.
- We love taking care of our team members. In addition to the benefits above, we award a $50 gift card to a team member who is voted Employee of the Month by peers and clients. We also host quarterly team get-togethers, offer a flexible schedule, give away surprise lunch/drink coupons/gift cards, provide a team t-shirt and sweatshirt, and other surprise perks! You will also receive membership in Golden Dog Adventure Co. for you and your family.
Looking for Mature Adventure Guides to Join Our Team
Golden Dog Adventure Co., formerly the NH Dog Walking Club, which launched in 2018 as a community outreach program, brings dogs and their people together for exercise, education, and socialization in a positive, welcoming, and fun environment.
Since December 2018, we have welcomed over 2,900 dog lovers from NH and neighboring states to our online Facebook Community. Our vision is to build a community of dog owners who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their pets using positive reinforcement techniques and sustainable pet care practices.
Monthly, we host fun and unique events for dogs and their people from the seacoast area to Concord, and southern Maine to northern Massachusetts. Our members range in age. The largest age population we service is 45 – 54 years old, including women, couples, and families.
Annually, we support a NH pet industry nonprofit through our Charitable Partner’s Program by raising awareness and funds for their organization.
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for Team Members with the following skills:
- Must be able to hike at least 3-5 miles on occasional rugged terrain.
- Must be able to carry a backpack of supplies approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Must be certified in human and pet 1st aid/CPR.
- Must possess leadership qualities to ensure the quality of the hiking event as well as safety for all dogs and their people.
- Must possess a natural ability to communicate with and teach people about nature and dog socialization.
- Must be able to withstand different environmental conditions, including rain, heat, and insects.
- Must have proven knowledge of canine behaviors and know how to read aggressive behavior signs.
- Ability to follow and enforce our community guidelines.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from event sites.
- Must have a reliable mobile device.
- Must possess ability to read maps and follow GPS directions provided for areas with good wireless signal.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner with event participants.
- Must have a natural love of dogs and genuine caring of people and the environment.
- Must be able to make key decisions quickly and work calmly in tense or chaotic situations.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organization and planning skills.
- Must be able to locate and evaluate hiking locations for group events, safety, and parking. You will also be required to rate walks/hikes according to our trail rating system.
- Must have a reliable smart phone or camera for recording videos and pictures of outings.
- Understanding of dog behavior and pack mentality
- Hiking or guide experience preferred
- Current or previous dog owner preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check
- Clean driving record
- Practice Leave No Trace ethics
Our company is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, and our employees have a history of volunteerism. If you have the same mentality and experience then you are perfect for this job!