ONLINE PRESENTATION: You CAN Teach an Old Dog New Tricks with Dr. Lisa Boyer
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This presentation will be given in our Zoom Room. After registering, you will receive an email with the link.
ABOUT THE TALK:
As our pets age, we are faced with questions about caring for their needs. Dr. Lisa Boyer will discuss a variety of topics including senior wellness, recognizing medical issues of senior pets, and strategies/medical options to help your dog live their best life. She will also discuss veterinary hospice as well as how to make end of life decisions.
Participants will learn:
- What is a “senior”
- Health considerations and what to look for
- Diet/nutrition needs for senior dogs
- Illness and injury prevention
- Alternatives/holistic care
- Palliative care/pain management
- How to assess quality of life and how to know when it “is time”
- Planning ahead tips
There will also be a special topic on Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (similar to Doggy Alzheimer’s), as well as prevention and treatment. There will be time for questions and each attendee will receive a link to the recording which will be available for three months.
ABOUT LISA BOYER, DVM:
Following a career in the FBI, Dr. Boyer decided to pursue her passion and attend Veterinary School at UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, graduating with a DVM degree in 2002.
Dr. Boyer has 18 years experience as an Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian/General Practice Veterinarian and has professional interests in Veterinary Forensics, Acupuncture/Holistic Medicine, Canine Fitness and Training, Sporting Dog Health, and Small Animal Reproduction.
She breeds both Wirehaired Pointing Griffons and Tibetan Terriers, and has served as an AKC Delegate, a Delta Society Therapy Dog Trainer Evaluator, is an AKC CGC Evaluator/Trainer and has been published in many national magazines regarding Canine Health topics.
COST: Please register for this online presentation below.
- N/C for members (use Online Presentations code found in the Guides section of your Members Only Facebook Group)
- $10/person for Non-Members
- This presentation will be given in our Zoom Room. After registering, you will receive an email with the link.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording which will be good for 3 months.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.