Events & Activities
Fun and unique experiences for dogs and their people
We bring dogs and their people together for exercise, education, and socialization in a positive, welcoming, and fun environment.
We host around 120-150 in-person and online events every year. Monthly, you can participate in special events, official adventures, pop up adventures, nature walks, hikes & hops, holiday activities, dog training events, and much more. Our events are only limited by our imaginations…and we have some pretty big ideas!
The cost for events is posted with each description under Events & Activities. The cost for Pop Up and Pack Adventures is $15, Official Events are $25, and Special Events run $25 – $75. Most events are per person, while others are per dog depending on the venue and type of adventure. You can also purchase an event punch card to receive Pop Up and Pack Adventures at a discount.
Currently, there are 3 ways we charge:
- Day of event – pay for your Pop Up or Pack Adventure using your punch card when you check in for the event. For these events you need to RSVP per the event page instructions.
- Preregister – you must register and pay in advance since tickets are limited. This can be done on the event page. If you are a Member, your discounted rate will automatically show up in your cart.
- Community Event – there is no charge for these events. We encourage new dog lovers to join us and learn what we are about. Please RSVP for these events on the event page.
Each event listing below will specify payment and/or RSVP details.
What to know before joining an event
Prior to joining an event with Golden Dog Adventure Co., please review the following safety and registration information to ensure an enjoyable time for all dogs and their people.
Participation in our events assumes you agree to abide by our guidelines which have been established for everyone’s safety and well-being (humans and canines).
Liability Waivers/Release Forms
All participants MUST complete our General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending an event. These can be easily accessed and electronically signed on our website. If not completed prior to an event, you will be asked to complete at the event. Once completed, it will remain on file for one year.
We follow the guidelines suggested by the CDC and State of NH. At this time, no one is required to wear a mask. We do encourage social distancing at all times however.
Trail Rating System
This trail rating system was created to advise participants of the ease or difficulty level of our walks, hikes, and other events. This rating system is created for our average participant. If you are an avid hiker, you may find our rating system slightly off for your ability.
The pace of our walks and hikes is moderate unless marked as a stroll, mindful walk, relaxing walk, or other similar designation. If you have a question about an event and if it is right for you and your dog, please Contact Us for more information.
Here is how it works:
- RATING: Level 1 – easy trail, relatively flat, wider trails, very few or no inclines (i.e. Pickering Ponds Walking Trails in Gonic)
- RATING: Level 2 – moderate trail, some inclines, some narrow trails (Benson Park in Hudson)
- RATING: Level 3 – difficult trail, several steep inclines, mostly narrow trails (Blue Job in Strafford)
- RATING: Level 4 – avid hikers only, not encouraged for dogs who are “weekend warriors”, steep and constant inclines, narrow paths (larger mountains, longer hikes)
- RATING: Unknown – if you see this rating, it means we have not yet hiked this trail and can only guesstimate based on our research.
Types of events we host
Special/Holiday Events usually occur every month to celebrate a holiday or other occasion such as Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Pet Appreciation Week, Independence Day Mexican Independence Day, and more.
Official Adventures are hosted monthly by our expert partners who lead an organized program during the outing (i.e. hiking preparedness, loose leash recall, canine fitness, sensory exploration, and more).
These adventures are part of a series of events that “pop up” on the calendar throughout the year. It gives members the opportunity to get out more and enjoy fresh air and friends.
We host Nature Walks in the spring and winter in partnership with Kelly Dwyer, naturalist and owner of Nature Education Opportunities.
After a hike, we gather at a brewery to enjoy the local flavor.
We host Doggy Socials from April – October, twice a month at the Friendly Pets Dog Park in Lee, NH.
Pack Adventures take place on Thursdays from 3:00-5:00pm during the summer months and occasionally during the winter months depending on the weather.
We enjoy a walk at or near a local vineyard with our dogs and then enjoy social time while tasting wine and other spirits.
Summertime is perfect for a hike, picnic, and ice cream social after. You will find these types of events on our calendar regularly from late spring to early fall.
We know the best swimming spots around and host fun socials for dogs and their people throughout the summer.
Trailhead is located at end of Tibbetts Rd., Barrington, NH
297 North River Rd., Lee, NH
117 Ridge Road, Hollis, NH
34 Stage Rd., Deerfield, NH
270 Portsmouth Ave., Stratham, NH
400 Little Harbor Road, Portsmouth, NH
14 Ocean Ave., York, ME
50 Fox Run Road, Newington, NH
156 Piscataqua Rd, Durham, NH