safety is our #1 priority for dogs and their people
For the enjoyment and safety of all members and their dogs, please observe the following guidelines. If you join an event, it is assumed that you have read and agree to these guidelines as well as agree to act accordingly.
- Golden Dog Adventure Co. events are open to all dog lovers. You do not need to own a dog to join in on the fun.
- We welcome all breeds of dogs and all ability levels of humans and canines.
- Safety is our number one priority for both dogs and their people. If you or your dog has a medical condition related to the environment (i.e. allergic to bees, etc.) please make your event guide team aware.
- ALL dogs must be on an 8-foot or shorter leash. No flex or retractable leashes are allowed. These leashes are NOT appropriate when you walking with a pack of dogs. At swimming and open field play events, we do allow up to 20 foot leads.
- Always carry pet waste bags (biodegradable preferred) and pick up as needed. It is also highly recommended that you carry water for you and your dog as well as a protein snack for longer walks/hikes.
- We recommend walking your dog on the left side of your body beside you. This is how it is taught in most dog obedience classes. Your dog will get used to this method. This will make it easier to walk them on roadways with traffic.
- There will be people walking at all different speeds, however, if your small leashed dog is slowing down please carry him/her. Little dogs get tired and it makes sense to help them when needed, but let them finish the walk on their own four paws. This improves their confidence.
- We highly recommend that all participants of our adventures carry a voluntary NH HikeSafe card from NH Fish & Game at all times. This covers the cost of rescue response should you need rescuing. A 2022 NH Hunting or Fishing license, NH Off Highway Recreational Vehicle or Snowmobile Registration, and a NH Boat Registration also supply rescue response coverage.
- Limit social greetings at the beginning of an event. Many dogs do not like their space invaded and this time is better spent getting your dog under control. After the event, when the dogs are tired, is a better time to meet and greet.
- We encourage people of all ages to join in on the fun. However, please make sure younger children are always in your care and understand the proper way to greet a dog. They should also be able to recognize the signs a dog exhibits when it is uncomfortable.
- ALWAYS ask another pet owner if it is OK to greet their dog before approaching.
- During tick season, we recommend spraying yourself and your dog with an all-natural spray. Golden Dog Adventure Co. will provide at each event and also has available for purchase.
- If our team observes behavior from your dog such as nipping, snapping, lunging, growling, or strong staring at other dogs, you may be asked to leave.
- There is a maximum of two dogs per person. We recommend a double-headed leash if walking two dogs.
- If you decide to leave the walk, please alert an event guide. At that point, you become responsible for your own navigation.
- When the group meets other dogs, please keep your dog under control. A pack of dogs can be very threatening to a dog walking solo, and its owner. The same applies to small children, let’s not be the ones who give a child a lifelong terror of dogs!
- If your dog is unwell and infectious, please do not bring him/her to the group walk.
- Since we will be walking in many different areas, including forests, fields, farmland, etc. it is recommended that your dog is treated for worms, ticks, and fleas.
In recognition of Covid-19 safety procedures, we follow the mask mandate set by the Governor of NH and the CDC. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask. It is highly recommended however that social distancing is maintained at all events for safety.
For the safety of all dogs and people, ALL dogs must be up to date on the Rabies Vaccine.
Although not required, we highly recommend dogs also have the DAPP/DHPP (Distemper/Adenovirus/Parainfluenza/Parvovirus) and Kennel Cough vaccines especially if your dog is regularly exposed to other dogs (i.e. in a doggy daycare setting) or is immuno-compromised.
If your dog has recently tested positive for giardia, please do not attend an event until you receive a negative fecal test for your dog. Be prepared to show proof at each dog walk of the Rabies Vaccine if asked or you may be asked to leave. You may also forward this information ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep on file for 2022.
Can I attend an event if my dog is reactive?
We encourage owners of reactive dogs to join us and see if their dog is comfortable in this environment. If you are concerned about introducing your reactive dog to other people and dogs at one of our events, learn about how the Club can help you. You can also contact us directly for additional support.
If your dog needs extra space (D.I.N.O.S. – Dogs in Need of Space), yellow ribbons will be provided at each dog walk event at no charge. Simply tie to your dog’s leash or harness to alert other dog owners: do not approach unless invited, my dog needs additional space.
Participation in these dog walks assumes some level of uncertainty and organizers and group leaders cannot be held responsible for you or your dog’s actions or those of other participants or their dogs. You are individually responsible for any damage or injury caused by your dog, and for any mishap befalling your dog.
Prior to attending an event, all human participants MUST complete and authorize the General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability and Video/Photograph Release Form. These forms will be kept on file for 1 year before needing to be renewed.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all humans regardless of gender, age, gender identity, race, health status, national origin, relationship status, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion.
Canines of any breed and size, regardless of being neutered or spayed, are also welcome.